[Xymon] Frequent purple alerts

Timothy Williams tlwilliams4 at vcu.edu
Thu Aug 1 17:02:03 CEST 2019

I don't know about the DNS switching around, unless it is due to some DC
synchronizing stuff, and one has a manual entry the other doesn't? Two ways
to circumvent that is to use the IP in the Xymon Settings file <servers>
tag ( I think that is what you said you did), or add the internal IP to the
server HOSTS file; both of which requires future editing if the IP of the
hostname gets changed.

I should have mentioned that I use the tag
<clientlogretain>4</clientlogretain>  in my xymonclient_config.xml file to
save multiple versions of the logs to give me some time to look at them and
track changes from one file to another when I make a change.

Glad you are able to get it stable.

Tim Williams
VCU Computer Center