Re: [xymon] Monitoring Exchange 2010 - imaps/pop3s alarms

On 11/18/2010 4:51 PM, Xymon User in Richmond wrote:
Not the same thing, but I had a situation where internal web servers would
all go red a number of times a day then go green again on the next test.
No complaints from users, and I couldn't identify the network anomaly
causing it, so I just use "badhttp 2:3:4" for them in bb-hosts.  They
pretty much stay in "smiley" green, but that's better than alarms for no
good purpose.

It's "badTEST" in the manpage.

Does this work for all tests, or does it only work for the built-in network tests? I have a couple of custom scripts that occasionally give false alarms.

Shawn