[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [hobbit] DISK & MEMORY checks go red
- To: "hobbit (at) hswn.dk" <hobbit (at) hswn.dk>
- Subject: RE: [hobbit] DISK & MEMORY checks go red
- From: Johan Sjöberg <johan.sjoberg (at) deltamanagement.se>
- Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:34:02 +0100
- Accept-language: sv-SE
- Acceptlanguage: sv-SE
- References: <17bd4d511002240720k7e6810c3u629f99093e25d56a (at) mail.gmail.com> <1267025819.2176.220.camel (at) crobinso.nisc.lan> <17bd4d511002240830k6d0d3cfbsdbbaf12519a6b5a1 (at) mail.gmail.com>
- Thread-index: Acq1buBPGOnQRTSBT4yynQUbhZM+qAAABWIA
- Thread-topic: [hobbit] DISK & MEMORY checks go red
We had this problem as well on a 4.3.0 install. I found on the mailing list that it was related to too big client messages. We increased the maxmsg_status variable on the server, and since that it has been working fine.
Check your hobbit log if you have oversized status messages from clients.
From: Steinar M. Skúlason [mailto:steinarms (at) gmail.com]
Sent: den 24 februari 2010 17:30
To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] DISK & MEMORY checks go red
it recovers automatically for me, just annoying to get emails with false positives.
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Cade Robinson <cade.robinson (at) gmail.com<mailto:cade.robinson (at) gmail.com>> wrote:
I have seen this too a couple times but not always on DMZ machines.
I saw it on both linux and solaris and all I did was restart the client software and it fixed itself on next update.
On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 15:20 +0000, Steinar M. Skúlason wrote:
I am running xymon 4-3-0-beta2 ( revision 6223 ).
I am having problems with clients ( all running in dmz mode using msgcache ) where they sometimes show alert for disk and memory, and usually check shows usage as several hundred % which is obviously due to some error in the check. I have not found out why this happens.
Anyone else with similar problems ? and maybe found a solution or a workaround ?