[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [hobbit] moving from 4.2.0 to 4.3.0 general questions
- To: "hobbit (at) hswn.dk" <hobbit (at) hswn.dk>
- Subject: RE: [hobbit] moving from 4.2.0 to 4.3.0 general questions
- From: Tom Moore <Tom.Moore (at) sas.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:55:44 -0500
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- References: <1CC2019D6A90EC449020595534777D4F82B02ACB88 (at) VPEXCH03.purdue.lcl> <961092e11002010823ta518e7bhb1f0b2374c970e67 (at) mail.gmail.com>
- Thread-index: AcqjXnvPVAac9xFUSEGu4ji8u/cT3AAIlveg
- Thread-topic: [hobbit] moving from 4.2.0 to 4.3.0 general questions
Remember 4.3.0 is still in beta. From what I see on this list there are a lot of bugs. You may want to stick with 4.2.3 unless you have a pressing need.
From: Josh Luthman [mailto:josh (at) imaginenetworksllc.com]
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 11:23 AM
To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] moving from 4.2.0 to 4.3.0 general questions
1) No. As far as I know every version of the client works with the server (even BB's client)
2) Guessing yes, but I don't know
3) Try it, then try from scratch and move the data
4) No documentation on upgrading I'm aware of.
1100 Wayne St
Troy, OH 45373
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
--- Winston Churchill
On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:17 AM, McGraw, Robert P <rmcgraw (at) purdue.edu<mailto:rmcgraw (at) purdue.edu>> wrote:
I need to move my old hobbit 4.2.0 server to a different host and have decided to bit the bullet and upgrade to the 4.3.0 software. I have a couple general questions about the move.
1) Do the client also have to be moved to 4.3.0?
2) If I rsync my 4.2.0 directory to the new server an then compile and install 4.3.0 will it just install the programs over the old programs?
3) Is #2 above an ok way of doing the upgrade or should I start from scratch?
4) Is there a web page about moving from 4.2 to 4.3 and things to look out for.
Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System EMAIL: rmcgraw (at) purdue.edu<mailto:rmcgraw (at) purdue.edu>
Purdue University ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067
To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to
hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk<mailto:hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk>