[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
moving from 4.2.0 to 4.3.0 general questions
- To: "'hobbit (at) hswn.dk'" <hobbit (at) hswn.dk>
- Subject: moving from 4.2.0 to 4.3.0 general questions
- From: "McGraw, Robert P" <rmcgraw (at) purdue.edu>
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:17:43 -0500
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Thread-index: AcqjWjzU8iq+pmKaQ5uK7O7BoEOFxg==
- Thread-topic: moving from 4.2.0 to 4.3.0 general questions
I need to move my old hobbit 4.2.0 server to a different host and have decided to bit the bullet and upgrade to the 4.3.0 software. I have a couple general questions about the move.
1) Do the client also have to be moved to 4.3.0?
2) If I rsync my 4.2.0 directory to the new server an then compile and install 4.3.0 will it just install the programs over the old programs?
3) Is #2 above an ok way of doing the upgrade or should I start from scratch?
4) Is there a web page about moving from 4.2 to 4.3 and things to look out for.
Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System EMAIL: rmcgraw (at) purdue.edu
Purdue University ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067