RE: [hobbit] os count

I wrote a script that does a similar thing. It connects to each machine
and does a uname.
Being Solaris centric, I split it up by solaris version (and zone).

I ran your script on my server, and it gives me 50 more machines than I
think I have.
It certainly doesn't add up to the entries in the bb-hosts file.

I print out a chart of each machine's level then sum it up like this:

Host Count:
    noconn : 29
      zone : 57
       5.7 : 2
       5.8 : 2
       5.9 : 11
      5.10 : 32
     nossh : 44
     Linux : 7
     TOTAL : 184

I haven't had time, but I need/want to graph this.

Paul Root
Lead Internet Systems Eng
Network Services