Re: [hobbit] availibility report in pdf

From: "Stef Coene" <stef.coene (at) docum.org>
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 5:26 AM
To: <hobbit (at) hswn.dk>
Subject: [hobbit] availibility report in pdf

Hi,

Just wondering, has anyone a script/program/idea for a availability report in
pdf?

The generated availibility report from the hobbit site is nice, but I need to
have (at least my boss want it) a pdf report of some selected tests (pings
and netwerk tests). He wants it in pdf so he can print it and take use it on the SLA follow-up meetings where stuff like availibility and helpdesk reponse
times are evaluated.
He was also concerned about maintenance windows. If an error occured during
the maintance window, it should be flagged or reported separated.

A perfect report would be a pie chart or even simple numbers with colors per your / month / week of some selected tests. And this in a pdf that my boss
(watch out, very important) can generate easily from the hobbit website.

I can script it myself (based on the pdf report generator discussed before),
but I don't want to reinvent the whele.

If we want to enhance the report formats, I like to suggest
generating excel format with graph (not just csv). Not sure about php but perl
has good excel modules can do this data conversion.

tj

Stef

hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk