Re: [hobbit] iostat

Hi !

Of course, the script was more a proof of concept.  I had the iostat numbers
on aix, so it was not that hard to change it for linux.

.. maybe for you .. :-)

I will update the script and add such feature.

Nice to hear .. thanks !

I've got three empty links in the trend=page
to iostat-disk, how could i delete them or is there a
association with a) ?
Euh, can you upload the graph somewhere so I can see it ?

Not really important, maybe my own false configuration,
i will answer again, if i've checked it again ...

Writes are negative, reads are positive.  This is defined in the hobbit-graph.

Right, it's plausible and documented, thanks  ...

I just saw in my script and it also collects the statistics in blocks per
second.  And by combining the blocks and bytes / second you can get the block
size.  I can add such graph definitions if anyone is interested....

Yep, my vote, you have ... :-)

Maybe I can write a howto based on this script...  so anyonce can create a
graph from a number.

I think this will be great !

Cheers & thanks again !

	martin

a) is it possible to declare some excludes
or something for only active-disks ?

e.g. md0 , the most of my machines have not software-mirror
            but some .....

or

/dev/hdd or /dev/cdrom .. in my graph's
it appears as hdd but that's the cdrom and it's empty ....
Of course, the script was more a proof of concept.  I had the iostat numbers
on aix, so it was not that hard to change it for linux.
I will update the script and add such feature.

b)

I've got three empty links in the trend=page
to iostat-disk, how could i delete them or is there a
association with a) ?
Euh, can you upload the graph somewhere so I can see it ?

c)

I've got negative KB/s on some y-axis ... hmm, why ?
Writes are negative, reads are positive.  This is defined in the hobbit-graph.
The numbers in the rrd file are fine.

I just saw in my script and it also collects the statistics in blocks per
second.  And by combining the blocks and bytes / second you can get the block
size.  I can add such graph definitions if anyone is interested....

Maybe I can write a howto based on this script...  so anyonce can create a
graph from a number.

Stef