Re: [hobbit] Nagios client, Hobbit server anyone?

In <1F7B01020EC4D04DA17703634B9E888E09BFE56D (at) ULPGCTMVMAI003.EU.COLT> "Ward, Martin" <Martin.Ward (at) colt.net> writes:

>My thoughts were that this proxy server would do the pulling,
>effectively mimicking the Nagios server,
> then push the data on to the Hobbit server in a similar way to your
>bbproxy program.
[snip]
>I took a look at the weekend but came up against a wall trying to
>extract the relevant code from
> bbproxy. I think the issue I was having was that bbproxy is heavily
>written to merge multiple packets from
> the client (combining) and send them on to the Hobbit server in one go.
>I just needed something that told
> me what the format of a bbproxy data packet looked like and how to send
>it to the main server.

I wouldn't mix bbproxy into this at all. Write a simpler tool to
run the Nagios plugin, extract the relevant data from the output,
and generate Hobbit-style status-messages. Then send these the
usual way (either invoke the "bb" utility to do it, or if you
link your program with the "libbbgen.a" library from Hobbit, then
you can use Hobbit's "sendmessage()" routine.