Re: [hobbit] weird bug

Larry Barber wrote:
I have a server named "blue" (I don't have veto power over the names.) Whenever I try to get the "info" for this server, I get an internal server error. The URL that generates the error is: https://meriadoc.ocio.ad.usda.gov/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=BLUE&SERVICE=info <https://meriadoc.ocio.ad.usda.gov/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=BLUE&SERVICE=info> . The returned page is:

Hi,

I also got the problem and found, that if you change the URL and enter a nonexisting name for ...bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=asdasdasd&SERVICE=info you always get an internal server error. So I think, this is a bug in bb-hostsvc.cgi for non existing hosts, you should not get an 'Premature end of script headers' but an html error page 'status not available, host not valid' or something like that.

I only got this for 'SERVICE=info' and 'SERVICE=trends' for other services I got a correct 'Status not available'. Source was hobbit-4.2.0 with the allinonepatch included.

Klaus
-kpb>

  Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator, xxxxxx (at) yyyyyy and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Apache Server at meriadoc.ocio.ad.usda.gov <http://meriadoc.ocio.ad.usda.gov> Port 443

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Larry Barber