Re: [hobbit] BBWin and procs & svcs

Hi Robert.

Well, I entered "man hobbit-clients.cfg" from my 4.3.0-0.20080402 installation and got:

++++
SVC STATUS COLUMN SETTINGS (WINDOWS SERVICES)
      SVC startup status color

The "svcs" listing sent by the client will be scanned to check that specific services are run-
      ning.

"servicename" is a simple string, in which case this string must show up in the "svcs" list-
      ing.  Note that servicename is case-sensitive.
If "servicename" contains whitespace (blanks or TAB), you must enclose the full string in dou- ble quotes. You cannot use regular expression. Both options startup and status are required and are simple strings, and must show up in the "svcs" listing as StartupType and Status
      columns.

          SVC Fax startup=manual status=stopped
          SVC MSSQLSERVER startup=automatic status=started

You can have multiple "SVC" entries for the same host, all of the checks are merged into the "svcs" status and the most severe check defines the color of the status.

      Example: Check that SQL Server Agent is running:
           SVC SQLSERVERAGENT startup=automatic status=started color=yellow

      Defaults:
           color="red".
           Note that no service are checked by default.
++++

Here is a working example:

++++
HOST=BLAHUNGA
       UP      1h
       SVC "Apache2" startup=automatic status=started color=red
       PROC pageant.exe 1 1
       LOAD    80 95
       DISK    * 90 95
       MEMPHYS 90 101
       MEMSWAP 80 90
       MEMACT  90 97
++++

/ Magnus

McGraw, Robert P skrev:
Where can I find information on how to configure hobbit-clients.cfg to
monitor BBWin svcs entries?

Thanks

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System                 EMAIL: rmcgraw (at) purdue.edu
Purdue University                         ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067