From: Dan Vande More [mailto:bigdan (at) gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 5:33 PM
To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] NCV module doesn't seem to accept GAUGE

Is it the formatting of your email client, or are you missing a
newline between NCV_ExchDB and NCV_smtphealth? Is NCV_ExchDB's gauge
working?

On 3/10/06, Jeff Ehrenberg <Jehrenberg (at) nysar.com> wrote:
> I have created a test to check the SMTP queues on a Windows box using
WMI  I have added the appropriate ncv settings to the hobbitserver.cfg
file and the also created the definition for the graph in
hobbitgraph.cfg.  I am getting the graph to display on my status page
but the lines are all flat.  I used the rrdtool to dump the results of
my rrd file and it looks like all of the data sets are being entered as
DERIVE although I specified GAUGE.  Here are some of the output.

> -STATUS MESSAGE Sent to Hobbit-
> smtphealth
> SMTP Health Check:
> Inbound Connections:    10
> Outbound Connections:   20
> Local Queue Length:     1
> Local Retry Queue Length:       0
> Remote Queue Length:    3
> Remote Retry Queue Length:      3
>
> -FROM hobbitserver.cfg-

TEST2RRD="cpu=la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,$PINGCOLUMN=tcp,http=tcp,dns=tc
p,dig=tcp,time=ntpstat,vmstat,iostat,netstat,temperature,apache,bind,sen
dmail,mailq,nmailq=mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy
,hobbitd,ExchDB=ncv,smtphealth=ncv"
> NCV_ExchDB="STORE:GAUGE"
NCV_smtphealth="InboundConnections:GAUGE,OutboundConnections:GAUGE,Local
QueueLength:GAUGE,LocalRetryQueueLeng:GAUGE,RemoteQueueLength:GAUGE,Remo
teRetryQueueLen:GAUGE"

> <!-- Round Robin Database Dump -->
> <rrd>
>         <version> 0001 </version>
>         <step> 300 </step> <!-- Seconds -->
>         <lastupdate> 1142001796 </lastupdate> <!-- 2006-03-10 09:43:16
EST -->