[Xymon] usb disk not showing

Kris Springer kspringer at innovateteam.com
Tue Nov 29 02:21:26 CET 2022

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the client script.  I messed
around with it a lot and found that nothing I did would result in the
USB drive showing up on the Server webpage in Disk or Inode pages.  I
can get different results to appear by messing with the
xymonclient-linux.sh script, but the USB drive never does. Running the
script manually does display the USB drive in the [df] list, but it's as
if something keeps stripping it from displaying on the Server's pages.
I even went so far as to comment out all of the options for df in the
script and just run df without any other lines of grep or excludes, and
still no joy.  There seems to be a break in the chain between the
results shown by the client script and the results the Server displays
on the Disk page.

So then in the script with all the df stuff commented out, I had it run
df /dev/sda
The results of the script show the USB, but nothing shows up on the
Server Disk page except this error.
Expected strings (Capacity and Mounted) not found in df output

So, anyone know what's stripping the /dev/sda disk from the output, or
why Capacity and Mounted can't be seen when the client script is
outputting it just like the other drives?

Here's the output of the script that clearly shows the USB drive info.
[df]
Filesystem        1K-blocks        Used        Available    Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda        960303848    268800    911180536        1%
/media/user/USB-1TB

Kris Springer