[Xymon] Can Xymon alert for a missing disk on windows?

me at tdiehl.org me at tdiehl.org
Thu Apr 14 22:58:10 CEST 2022

Hi,

Is there a way to have Xymon alert if a disk is missing on a Windows server?

I have the win_ps_client installed on them and I see the disks listed in the
client data. Is it possible to configure Xymon to alert is one of those disks
is missing?

We had a server that one of the disks went off line after updates were installed
and the machine was rebooted (Thanks Microsoft). Xymon was happy but the users
were not.

My Google foo has not yielded anything useful but I feel like this should be
possible without resorting to Powershell weirdness.

Tom			me at tdiehl.org