[Xymon] clients in local mode (Debian 10/11)

Christoph Zechner zechner at vrvis.at
Mon Oct 18 11:17:34 CEST 2021

Hi,

this is just a little guide for anybody wishing to put xymon clients
(all Debian 10 respectively 11) into local mode.

We tried changing the appropriate config part [1] (but did not succeed,
because in the Debian package the binary "xymond_client" was missing
when installing the "xymon-client" package.

This has previously been reported to the Debian bug tracker [2], but
with little progress unfortunately. So we tried to copy the binary from
our server and distributed it to the clients and it just worked.

No need to manually compile the client package, just take the binary
from the server package and use it on the client.

Tested successfully with Debian 10 (xymon-client 4.3.28) and Debian 11
(xymon-client 4.3.30).

Chers
Christoph

[1] LOCALMODE="yes" in /etc/xymon/xymonclient.cfg
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=903614