[Xymon] Issues logging into Xymon after new install Ubuntu 16.04

mdeal5 at juno.com mdeal5 at juno.com
Wed Mar 3 20:55:56 CET 2021

Just in the hopes of saving someone else the arduous journey that I went through.  This turned out to be a permissions error. So.  With Xymon 4.3.25 running on Ubuntu 16.04 server with Apache2 2.4.18, I was able to fix the 403 Forbidden error by editing the /etc/apache2/conf-available/xymon.cfg  file and replacing every instance of Require local with  Require all granted.  After a restart of the apache2 server, and a restart of xymon, just to be on the safe side, everything worked out fine. The primary issue for me was that the xymon log files had errors, but following those errors never led me in the direction of determining that they were caused by permissions being used by Apache. If I had any hair, I'd have pulled it out by now.

Police: Possible Plot to Attack Capitol Tomorrow
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/603fe9f7e370669f711f3st02vuc1
The Way Trump Called for Donations Raised Eyebrows
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/603fe9f812d3669f711f3st02vuc2
'It's Comical,' Woman Says of Outcome of KKK Flag Incident
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/603fe9f83622169f711f3st02vuc3