[Xymon] Terabithia RPM support for Amazon Linux

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Wed Jun 30 14:15:54 CEST 2021

On 2021-06-29 14:05, Japheth Cleaver wrote:
> On 6/29/2021 10:52, Mike Burger wrote:
>>
>> Good afternoon.
>>
>> In perusing the Terabithia repository for Xymon(-client) RPMs, I see
>> that there are directories for Amazon Linux 1 and 2, but I do not,
>> yet, see packages in those directories.
>>
>> I was wondering when we might start seeing packages for AWS Linux.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
> There shouldn't be any underlying issues with the AL1 or 2 releases,
> but the project I was working on no longer required them and so I
> never completed my own validation on either base release.
>
> It's probably time to revisit that, along with preparing a CentOS 8
> Stream repository to track any future deviations from actual RHEL 8.
>
> It's also probably as good a time to mention as any that I'll be
> moving the 4.3.30-1 Fedora packages from /testing/ to production later
> on today. They've had enough time to bake, and the Fedora releases
> that were problematic are now EOL regardless.

This would be most excellent. As my employer is moving to the cloud,
we're standardizing more and more on AWSL, using more expensive
distributions only where required, Amazon Linux 2 is our primary
platform, now, in addition to RHEL.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever
just stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1