[Xymon] Sorry to bother you ... But I was wondering if your could possibly Help us ...

David Boyer davieb at gmail.com
Sat May 30 02:21:55 CEST 2020

I believe Malcolm is correct... Here is the section of the xymonserver.cfg
file that deals with the buffer sizes :

# Maximum message size buffers (in KB)
# These are commented out by default, you should only change them if you
# have systems sending large status-messages or otherwise need to handle
# large messages. Please read the description in xymonserver.cfg(5) first.
#
#MAXMSG_CLIENT=512              # clientdata messages (default=512k)
#MAXMSG_CLICHG=$MAXMSG_CLIENT   # client change messages
(default=MAXMSG_CLIENT)
#MAXMSG_STATUS=256              # general "status" messages (default=256k)
#MAXMSG_STACHG=$MAXMSG_STATUS   # status change messages
(default=MAXMSG_STATUS)
#MAXMSG_PAGE=$MAXMSG_STATUS     # page messages (default=MAXMSG_STATUS)
#MAXMSG_ENADIS=32               # enable and disable control messages
(default=32k)
#MAXMSG_USER=128                # "user" messages (default=128k)
#MAXMSG_DATA=256                # "data" messages, if enabled (default=256k)
#MAXMSG_NOTES=256               # "notes" messages, if enabled
(default=256k)

Dave