[Xymon] Where are xymonproxy errors?!

Rodrigo Borges Pereira rodrigoborgespereira at gmail.com
Tue May 12 02:15:51 CEST 2020

Hi there,

So, I'm trying to run xymonproxy as a standalone daemon, to facilitate the
broadcast of status messages to multiple xymon servers with a single local
machine listener.

And that is working very well, I must say.

But.. if one of the xymon servers is unreachable.. (I'm testing with an
iptables DROP on the server side) I don't see any errors at all from
xymonproxy. Even running it in foreground in the shell, nada.

I've looked at the code on GitHub, and I do see some errprintf calls I
would expect would result in some output in this type of situation.

Am I missing something?

Appreciate any pointers, thanks in advance.

Rodrigo