[Xymon] Terabithia or compile

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Jun 18 21:23:57 CEST 2020

On 6/17/2020 4:38 PM, John Horne wrote:
> I used to build from source, but for our CentOS 7 and 8 servers I have been
> using the Terabithia RPMs with no problems. The downside is that, like Malcolm
> Hunter mentioned, I have subsequently applied some local patches - sent to the
> list - so that meant rebuilding the RPMs.

I'm now looking at the Terabithia package for the first time in years.
My first reaction is, wth?

Installing the xymon package on my server has disabled chronyd and
installed (but not started) ntpd. why?! If I hadn't read through the
list of packages it was going to grab, and understand the significance
of this one, I'd be going blindly forward with an un-synchronized system
clock.

Now I wonder how many other of my services it has disabled or replaced.
I feel like I've just walked into a mine field :(

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska