[Xymon] New Xymon Server email

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Fri Jan 10 15:07:05 CET 2020

Postfix is the newer mail program.

/etc/postfix/main.cf

You'll want to set myhostname, myorigin, inet_interfaces, my_destination, and maybe relayhost.

They are pretty self expanitory.

You might also need to look at the firewall.

-----Original Message-----
From: Xymon <xymon-bounces at xymon.com> On Behalf Of Kris Springer
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2020 3:56 PM
To: Xymon MailingList <xymon at xymon.com>
Subject: [Xymon] New Xymon Server email

I just built a new Ubuntu 19.10 server and installed Xymon server on it
using the premade apt package.  I've got working hosts.cfg,
analysis.cfg, and client-local.cfg.  The webpage works fine and client
data flows in and displays accurately.

I've also configured alerts.cfg to email me for everything, but I'm not
receiving any emails in my mailbox.  In the past when I've built a xymon
server box I installed Sendmail that took care of sending the emails
out.  But this is 2020 and I'm assuming something else is built into the
Xymon Server code that does the emailing.  What am I missing here?  Do I
still need to install a separate mailer?

--

Kris Springer