[Xymon] New Xymon Server email

Kris Springer kspringer at innovateteam.com
Thu Jan 9 22:55:36 CET 2020

I just built a new Ubuntu 19.10 server and installed Xymon server on it
using the premade apt package.  I've got working hosts.cfg,
analysis.cfg, and client-local.cfg.  The webpage works fine and client
data flows in and displays accurately.

I've also configured alerts.cfg to email me for everything, but I'm not
receiving any emails in my mailbox.  In the past when I've built a xymon
server box I installed Sendmail that took care of sending the emails
out.  But this is 2020 and I'm assuming something else is built into the
Xymon Server code that does the emailing.  What am I missing here?  Do I
still need to install a separate mailer?

--

Kris Springer