[Xymon] how to view new group on hosts file more frequently

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Tue Feb 18 20:52:09 CET 2020

Most TAGs define tests which are interpreted by xymonnet
How frequently xymonnet runs is defined in tasks.cfg
The default interval is 5-minutes

The common web pages are built by xymongen.
How frequently xymongen runs is defined in tasks.cfg
I don't know the default interval

A new column will appear only after there is a test result for it, _and_
xymongen builds a new page with the result. After an edit to hosts.cfg,
you may force xymonnet to run for a specific host with:
   xymoncmd xymonnet foo.bar.com
That will run xymonnet for only the host foo.bar.com. The next time
xymongen runs, the new column will be there.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska