[Xymon] [External] Setting up xymon webpage with apache

Scott Birl scott.birl at temple.edu
Wed Apr 15 17:01:22 CEST 2020

    From: Xymon <xymon-bounces at xymon.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 10:29 AM
    To: xymon at xymon.com
    Subject: [Xymon] Setting up xymon webpage with apache

    Hello,

    I am trying to install xymon on a Red Hat Entrerprise Linux 7 system and everything seemed to be going fine until integrating it with apache.
    I have tried to debug the issues and it looks like there the xymon.html file doesn't have sufficient permissions for apache to execute it,
    but when I try to change the permissions and restart xymon the permissions are automatically restored to the default.
    I was wondering if you could give me any assistance with this? I am not very familiar with apache, so I have only come to this conclusion from reading the error log,
    it could be something else that I am missing but I did as the instructions asked and appended the xymon-apache.conf file to the end of my httpd.conf file.

    Thanks for any help,
    Eric Robert

For starters, snippets of the Apache logs would be very helpful.

What do you mean "appended the xymon-apache.conf" to the end of the httpd.conf?  Did you literally append the contents of the file into httpd.conf,
or did you use an Apache "Include conf/xymon-apache.conf" directive?

Apache shouldnt be "executing" anything .html.  The permissions for .html file should be 0644 with the ownership belonging to the account running Xymon.

    ie:  -rw-r--r--. 1 xymon xymon 16K Apr 15 2020 /home/xymon/server/www/xymon.html