[Xymon] Setting up xymon webpage with apache

Eric.Robert at americansystems.com Eric.Robert at americansystems.com
Wed Apr 15 16:28:48 CEST 2020

Hello,

I am trying to install xymon on a Red Hat Entrerprise Linux 7 system and everything seemed to be going fine until integrating it with apache. I have tried to debug the issues and it looks like there the xymon.html file doesn't have sufficient permissions for apache to execute it, but when I try to change the permissions and restart xymon the permissions are automatically restored to the default. I was wondering if you could give me any assistance with this? I am not very familiar with apache, so I have only come to this conclusion from reading the error log, it could be something else that I am missing but I did as the instructions asked and appended the xymon-apache.conf file to the end of my httpd.conf file.

Thanks for any help,
Eric

Eric Robert
Info Security Engr, Assoc

AMERICAN SYSTEMS
phone: +1 (401) 619-7331 | mobile: | fax:
Eric.Robert at americansystems.com | AmericanSystems.com

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.