[Xymon] Xymon script for linux

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Sat Sep 21 02:06:27 CEST 2019

It might be a little tricky with the way the code path works right now, as
we don't really scan back and forth when processing a client message. But
as long as the locations within the text area are the same we can probably
do a sequential case check around it.

I do agree on 'sar' being generally more available now -- although I've
run into EL boxes where it mysteriously isn't present, so I suspect the
race to prune minimal sizes for containers may have resulted in its
exclusion in some groupings. One of the original use-cases for the
compression (and binary safety that it entails) was being able to take raw
sar output as a client section. There are a number of ways that could be
parsed, although I'm not certain whether there were large output-stability
changes in recent versions.

-jc