[Xymon] Xymon script for linux

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Fri Sep 20 04:53:36 CEST 2019

Would it be difficult to have the server-side linux parser look for [ports]
and if not found, then look for [ss]; and similarly, [ifconfig] has
[ip-addr] as its fallback (assuming "ip addr show" gives similar output -
probably doesn't, but you get the idea)?

Minorly tangential, I think sar is more universally available these days
than when the client scripts were first created. So I'm wondering if we
should make better use of sar, perhaps even have a [sar] section of the
client message, that is the first place that xymond goes when looking for
statistics.