[Xymon] IMAPS & POP3S tests

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Nov 25 15:14:45 CET 2019

Debian 10 made some updates to requirements for TLS connections,
specifically the minimum TLS version was sat to TLS 1.2 and there is now
a check for (I think) some Diffie-Hellman keylength parameters. This has
caused problems. See
https://wiki.debian.org/ContinuousIntegration/TriagingTips/openssl-1.1.1

The quick-and-dirty solution is to change /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf  and
change the line

CipherString = DEFAULT at SECLEVEL=2

to have a SECLEVEL=1 instead (this was the setting until Debian 10).

Of course, you should check up on the certificates and TLS settings on
the servers that are flagged as in error, but at least this will revert
to the behaviour before the upgrade.