[Xymon] Frequent purple alerts

Timothy Williams tlwilliams4 at vcu.edu
Wed Jul 10 18:40:57 CEST 2019

In my xymonclient_config.xml file I specify the logs to be generated in
C:\Logs <clientlogfile>c:\Logs\xymonclient.log</clientlogfile>. Yours may
be in folder with script.
Look at the xymonclient.log file which contains the transmission data. Look
for the size of the Sent file. If your buffers are set too low on Xymon
server, data file gets truncated, usually causing White, not purple.

2019-07-10 12:28:43.087  Sending to server
2019-07-10 12:28:43.087  Using "original" ASCII encoding
2019-07-10 12:28:43.087  Connecting to host 128.172.5.33
2019-07-10 12:28:43.103  Sent 54761 bytes to server
2019-07-10 12:28:43.309  Received 436 bytes from server

Tim Williams