[Xymon] Frequent purple alerts

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Jul 10 17:44:10 CEST 2019

Purple means that it is not getting updates to the server in a timely manner.

This could be the network is too congested. Or the computer is overloaded. Or even that it is sending messages that are too big (a frequent Windows problem in my experience – log files get so big).

Does it go purple for 1 minute, 5 minutes, 30 minutes?

The shorter suggests that it isn’t finishing the run and sending the update in time. Longer suggests connectivity issues.

From: Jaime Kikpole <jkikpole at cairodurham.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:54 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Frequent purple alerts

I have a number of systems running the PowerShell Xymon client.  One and only one of them frequently gives purple alerts on all tests.  I haven't found any pattern for this yet.  They just seem to happen several times per day and then clear themselves after anything from a few minutes to a few hours.  I tried removing and reinstalling the client, but that didn't seem to help.

Any suggestions?

[https://s3.amazonaws.com/htmlsig-assets/spacer.gif]

Jaime Kikpole

Director of Technology & Innovations
Cairo-Durham Central School District
(518) 622-8543, x59500
cairodurham.org<http://www.cairodurham.org>

Technical Support:
help at cairodurham.org<mailto:help at cairodurham.org>
go.cairodurham.org/techtips<http://go.cairodurham.org/techtips>

[Google Certified Educator, Level 1] [Google Certified Educator, Level 2]

This electronic message and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or legally privileged information protected by law from further disclosure and is intended only for the individual or entity identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the employee or agency responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any attachment(s). Please notify the sender immediately by return email or telephone and permanently delete this message and attachment(s) from your system.
This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.