[Xymon] WordPress Monitoring

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 15:08:49 CEST 2019

Depends on the monitoring you have in mind.

All the usual would require running the client-side software on the system or VM being monitored.  But you don't have to do that.  A minimal connectivity test just requires that pings aren't blocked.  A minimal web server test just requires getting through on http or https, with a successful fetch of a specified URL.  I gather you can test a bit more about the sanity of https.  And you could write a server-side test that performed a simple interaction via http or https and inspected the result more deeply than just the success of something (not an HTTP error code) being returned.

But anything to do with the health and sanity of the system or software or data, that can't be determined simply by accessing a public network service on the system or software, may once again require local client software.  I have no idea what your hosting provider allows, although it doesn't look like you get a dedicated VM or the like, so I doubt you'd be allowed to run client-side monitoring software.