[Xymon] MRTG graphs are in bytes instead of bits

Stephen Carville (xymon list) scarville at lereta.com
Fri Apr 26 01:30:01 CEST 2019

On 4/25/19 3:58 PM, Jeremy Laidman wrote:

> Stephen, not sure what this has to do with Xymon.

I followed the instructions here:

http://xymon.sourceforge.net/xymon/help/xymon-mrtg.html

>From that it looks to me like mrtg gathers the data, puts in in the rrd
file, then XYMon invokes rrdtool to create the graphs.  I was hoping
there was something I overlooked -- and someone else can see -- in the
config that would explain the difference.

Not really a big deal.  It may be better to just divorce mrtg and XYMon.
 Or I could rewrite the "broken" parts of cricket so it works on a 64
bits.  I just liked the idea of it all being in one place.