[Xymon] IPv6 debugging on xymon 4.4 (was Re: Roadmap/GitHub?/IPv6)

Christian Herzog herzog at phys.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 15 08:53:23 CEST 2019

> Looking at xymonnet.c and contest.c, I'm actually suspecting here that we're
> not building NET6 connections at all in xymonnet tests, which means there's
> more connecting work left to do than expected. I'm not sure if the original
> plan was to migrate to xymonnet2 before IPv6. The factored-out connectivity
I guess it was. Rereading my correspondence with Henrik from 6 years ago, it
seems we had it pretty much working using xymonnet2 at that time:
https://xymon.xymon.narkive.com/BbXHR8kH/status-of-ipv6-support (see my last
message in that thread). I have no idea what has happened in the xymon source
tree during those 6 years, and of course I don't have that config any more,
but if we could reproduce those results we might be one step closer.

> For the short term, testing xymonclient messaging
meaning client reports to IPv6 XYMONSERVERS?

> and xymond record
> management (using conn tests as sources) might be the most useful.
meaning what exactly?

I'll go right ahead with those tests and stand by for any xymonnet2 trials you
might come up with.

cheers,
-Christian