[Xymon] conn-check too slow?

Becker Christian christian.becker at rhein-zeitung.net
Thu Apr 11 11:31:06 CEST 2019

Hello out there,

we have a huge number of Windows virtual machines that run on HyperV.
All of them are using bbwin to report their health to our Xymon server.

If such a Windows virtual machine reboots, either planned or unplanned, it reboots that fast in HyperV, that Xymon doesn't recognize this in the conn or cpu test, but only in the uptime test which goes yellow for the time as defined in analysis.cfg.

How do you guys handle this, when you want to know if a Windows virtual machine has rebooted? Is alerting on uptime the only way for a reboot?

Here's our xymonnet section from xymonserver.cfg:

[xymonnet]
                ENVFILE /opt/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
                NEEDS xymond
                CMD xymonnet --report --ping --checkresponse --no-ares --bb-proxy-syntax --shuffle
                LOGFILE $XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymonnet.log
                INTERVAL 2m

Anything worth to change here??

Regards and tanks in advance