[Xymon] Monitoring IP change
franchu.garcia at gmail.com
Tue May 15 09:01:28 CEST 2018
an approach might be:
- write a custom test and deploy on a host in locationA
- The script should poll their public IP (eg, by fetching
icanhazip.com) and save it on a file
- Compare their current IP with a previous run
- if IPs differ, report locationA,example,com.IPChange as yellow and
report old and new IPs
- if IPs equal, report green
On 14 May 2018 at 22:56, David Hay-Currie
<david.haycurrie at johnsonfit.com> wrote:
> I have a few remote locations that I monitor with Xymon.
> What would be the best way to monitor IP address change?
> I have a FQDN for all of these locations, and I can ping since they are in a
> VPN setup, but I want to know when the public IP address changes
> For example lets say location A has IP address 126.96.36.199 and I a FQN of
> I monitor the fqdn already with 0.0.0.0. If I add the IP address will it let
> me know when it changes?
> Xymon mailing list
> Xymon at xymon.com
More information about the Xymon