[Xymon] \rrdtool

peter.wain at delwp.vic.gov.au peter.wain at delwp.vic.gov.au
Thu Mar 29 02:35:27 CEST 2018

Hi
I am having trouble getting the graph component of Xymon working. I have
installed the following.

Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
rrdtool-1.7.0.
xymon 4.3.28
and all other libraries as required.

When I install rrdtool it all looks ok.

when run make on the Xymon-44.3.28 the following warnings and errors occur

do_rrd.c: In function ‘create_and_update_rrd’:
do_rrd.c:381:12: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘rrd_create’
[-Wimpli                                 cit-function-declaration]
   result = rrd_create(4+pcount, rrdcreate_params);
            ^
do_rrd.c:386:54: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘rrd_get_error’
[-Wim                                 plicit-function-declaration]
    errprintf("RRD error creating %s: %s\n", filedir, rrd_get_error());
                                                      ^
do_rrd.c:492:15: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer
without a ca                                 st [-Wint-conversion]
   char *msg = rrd_get_error();
               ^
do_rrd.c: In function ‘rrddatasets’:
do_rrd.c:596:2: error: unknown type name ‘rrd_value_t’
  rrd_value_t *rrddata;
  ^
do_rrd.c:603:11: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘rrd_fetch’
[-Wimplic                                 it-function-declaration]
  result = rrd_fetch(5, fetch_params, &starttime, &endtime, &steptime,
&dscount,
           ^
Makefile:71: recipe for target 'do_rrd.o' failed
make[1]: *** [do_rrd.o] Error 1

Apart from the graph component the rest of Xymon is running well.
Does anyone know where I am going wrong. I am very new to Xymon and Linux
environment

Cheers
Peter Wain|Senior Infrastructure Support Officer |Technology Solutions
Unit|Infrastructure and Resources Division
Forest, Fire and Regions | Department of Environment, Land, Water and
Planning
Level 3, 8 Nicholson Street, East Melbourne VIC 3002
 M: 0490 416 756 T:(03)96379645 E: Peter.Wain at delwp.vic.gov.au