[Xymon] Browser-specific defects in Xymon 4.3.28

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Mar 28 20:20:59 CEST 2018

Chrome has stopped supporting our method (meta tag) of setting cookies.
See the thread early in March, 2018 "Chrome cookie deprecations"

Firefox browser does not appear to correctly handle "multipart
documents". As a consequence, the Snapshot Report pages does not reload,
but leaves the customer looking at page with meta-refresh content. I
don't know if this has always been the case, but it behaves this way on
Firefox 54 and 59.

The problem is found in lines 184-187 of web/snapshot.c where the
browser's useragent string is considered. If the string contains
"KHTML", the browser is considered to be unable to handle multipart
documents. Forcing those characters into the useragent string of my
Firefox browsers makes it behave correctly with the snapshot report.

I don't know how to fix the cookie-setting method, but this looks like
something I could patch around the next time I compile.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska