[Xymon] Http Status Column and Https

Richard Jones rich at corporationpop.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 11:27:03 CET 2017

Okay so using a site I know was returning everything correctly in the

red https://something.co.uk/ - Bad Request
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Server: cloudflare-nginx
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2017 10:01:34 GMT
Connection: close
CF-RAY: -
Seconds: 0.002278000

Looking at the access logs I can see Xymon hitting the server(s), that
looks somethign like this

something.co.uk:443 1.2.3.4 - - [08/Nov/2017:06:40:05 +0000] "GET /
HTTP/1.0" 400 0 "-" "-"

If I perform a curl to the URL https://something.co.uk I get back what I'm
expecting, if I perform the curl as something.co.uk:443 I receive the 400
error with the message... The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port.
This is expected I believe, note that the affected site are all set up to
redirect from 80 to 443 and there are no issues with the sites that I have
noticed.

Running xymonnet in the console doesn't really return much...

echo 5.4.3.2 something.co.uk # https://something.co.uk |
(HOSTSCFG=/dev/stdin /usr/local/xymon/server/bin/xymonnet --debug
--no-update --noping --dns=ip )

Returns:

5.4.3.2 something.co.uk

Any ideas?