[Xymon] Applying Linux Memory Patch for rhel7 with kernel 3.10

Michael Moreland vsmoreland at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 18:54:28 CEST 2017

Hello All,

I am trying to apply the following patch via the method below and I appear
to be getting an error (patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch
input.). I have not applied patches before so please excuse my lack of
experience. My server is currently running Xymon version 4.3.19.

Generally, quick-fix patches such as this one are applied like this:

cd xymon-4.3.4
patch -p0 </tmp/infocolumn-crash.diff
make clean
make
sudo make install

Since only the svcstatus.cgi binary is changed by the current patch,
copying that file over to ~xymon/server/bin/ is fine instead of running
"make install".

I am trying to fix the memory display explained in the following article
that also supplies the patch -

http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2015-May/041671.html

Please assist and explain the steps needed to apply patches and/or if a
file can simply be edited/replaced for this specific task.

Thanks,

Michael