[Xymon] (TS) Trying to setup xymon on a VoIP asterisk server

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Thu May 7 09:01:41 CEST 2015

On Wed, May 6, 2015 11:00 pm, Tom Schmitt wrote:
> I have loaded a CentOS 6.6 server and installed PBX-in-a-Flash (PiaF) VoIP
> server on it.
>
> I then installed xymon on the same server and allow it to use VoIP and
> text-to-speech for certain urgent and or out-of-ban alerting.
>
> This is a home project for me.
>

> Before retiring is was monitoring 1,200 devices and using 'ssh' to move
> requests to the PiaF server for this function.  I thought the next logical
> progression would be to use the same server for both functions.
>

> I am having the same problem that I have with just installing a CentOS
> server with xymon on it.  I added the additional commands from the
> installation to the end of the http configuration file but I cannot bring
> up the xymon web page.
>

> In this installation, the apache runs under 'asterisk/asterisk'.
> Is there some directive that I am missing to allow apache to access the
> xymon pages in the xymon installation  under the 'xymon/xymon'
> permissions?
>
> I have written many scripts that I cannot test out under the latest xymon
> software release and make available to the community.
>
> This is the same problem that I was having earlier and have not found the
> solution to.
>
> I also wanted to try allowing someone to be able to call into the VoIP
> side
> to retire an alert, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom Schmitt

Hi Tom,

Can you describe what's happening when you try to pull up the pages? I'd
most likely wager that it's a permissions issue either in xymon writing to
the directory in question, and/or apache reading back out of the dir. As
always, SELinux is a possibility as well.

If it's CentOS 6.x, then apache would be 2.2 by default, so the
authentication issues you'd had earlier wouldn't be the cause.

Are you seeing anything in your current xymongen or Apache log files that
looks unusual?

Regards,

-jc