[Xymon] best aproach for KpyM Telnet/SSH Server

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Tue Mar 21 17:29:44 CET 2017

On 3/21/2017 7:07 AM, Randall Badilla Castro wrote:
> hi people:
>
> I have several windows machines with KpyM Telnet/SSH Server
> (http://www.kpym.com/2/kpym/index.htm). But the standard xymon ssh test
> always alarm since the expect return string of KpyM SSH server isn't the
> same.
>
> So I wondering if better make an isolated test for this process like
> WINSSH on protocols.cfg or is safe to modify the ssh protocols.cfg
> entry  ???

Define a new entry in protocols.cfg for your test. There is no reason
you can't modify the ssh test, just be prepared to re-write your
protocols.cfg with every update.

Because protocols.cfg gets rebuilt with an update, I've moved all of my
customizations into a another file in subdirectory protocols.d and added
the following line to protocols.cfg

> directory /opt/xymon/server/etc/protocols.d

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration