[Xymon] False SSL cert alerts

Zoltan Forray zforray at vcu.edu
Tue Jun 27 21:58:34 CEST 2017

But now it simply refuses to get a valid https connection from the Xymon
server eventhough you can web-browse to it with no issues and the browser
says there is a valid https/cert/connection?  Is there any place in Xymon I
can see why it is failing?

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 3:39 PM, John Thurston <john.thurston at alaska.gov>
wrote:

> On 6/27/2017 11:17 AM, Zoltan Forray wrote:
>
>> We are constantly having issues with sslcert alerts going non-green
>> eventhough it says the cert is fine.  Related to this is there being an
>> issue getting to the https page from the Xymon server yet I can access
>> it just fine from my browser.
>>

> Any failure to establish an SSL connection will result in an error under
> sslcert. Could it be a failure to negotiate a secure connection due to an
> unreliable network connection?
>
> I suggest looking in the error log on your web server. You may find
> severed or incomplete connection attempts.
>
> --
>    Do things because you should, not just because you can.
>
> John Thurston    907-465-8591
> John.Thurston at alaska.gov
> Department of Administration
> State of Alaska

*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator
Xymon Monitor Administrator
VMware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services