[Xymon] Xymon script question

Scot Kreienkamp Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com
Wed Jul 5 15:29:53 CEST 2017

Hi Jaap,

The best way I've found to run them in debug mode is to simply run them by hand and put an echo statement in front of the xymon command in the script, so that the script and all data is sent to stdout.  That lets you see exactly what it's sending to the xymon server.  You will need to run it with xymoncmd to ensure the environment variables are set correctly, like so: xymoncmd ./$YOURTESTNAMEHERE.

I've never run scripts in the client instance on the xymon server itself, I've always run them in the server instance and they've worked exactly like on a client.  I think the client is called differently on a xymon server and may not process the ext scripts the same as on a non-server instance of xymon.  Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

I am also interested in your script as I was thinking about something similar. I would appreciate it if you would share your script with me, you may send it to me off-list if you wish.

Thanks!

Scot Kreienkamp  | Senior Systems Engineer | La-Z-Boy Corporate
One La-Z-Boy Drive | Monroe, Michigan 48162 |  Office: 734-384-6403 |  |  Mobile: 7349151444 | Email: Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com