[Xymon] create an alternate pageset dynamically

Norbert Kriegenburg norbert.kriegenburg at de.ibm.com
Wed Sep 14 20:31:42 CEST 2016

Hi Torsten,

What i usually do to achive this is to use the include file directive.
just insert something like this in hosts.cfg:

subpage specialpage servers with special tests
include include_special_hosts.cfg

and create your include file dynamically by a cronjob (or even a Xymon
test).
Just generate the file include_special_hosts.cfg dynamically like:

group-compress server with special tests
0.0.0.0 servername1 # noconn
0.0.0.0 servername2 # noconn
0.0.0.0 servername3 # noconn

Of course there must be a section in hosts.cfg with definitions for these
severs.
I use this f.e. to create pagesets with pages for every OS.

HTH

Norbert