[Xymon] Replacing the smtp test in protocols.cfg

Richard Hamilton rlhamil2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 23:40:15 CET 2016

Actually, it's probably not just the malformed MAIL command, but the lack
of an EHLO or (for compatibility with older SMTP servers that are not
ESMTP) HELO command, e.g. HELO myhostname

Do send strings allow variables?  e.g. can one do
send "HELO $MACHINEDOTS\r\nQUIT\r\n"
and have it expanded properly?