[Xymon] RSS option with critical view

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Feb 3 23:20:33 CET 2016

On Fri, January 29, 2016 1:38 pm, FARRIOR, Andy wrote:

> Thought I'd experiment with the XYMONGENOPTS "-rss" option today.
>
> It's creating the RSS files for each page and the main, nongreen, and red
> status pages just fine; however, the critical.rss file doesn't match the
> critical view display.
>

> The critical.rss file does match the critical.html file that's created.
>
> So, in my case, critical.rss and critical.html both display "No Critical
> Alerts"
>
> However, my /xymon-cgi/criticalview.sh lists the systems with issues.
>
> What did I miss in the configuration?
>

> Thx,
> Andy

Hi Andy,

The criticalview.sh script was intended as a replacement for xymongen
hard-coded "critical" version, if I recall correctly. They're two
different functions, so rss will match the static .html file, alas.

I believe the "critical" from xymongen's perspective refers to alerting
only, with criticalview.sh as its own thing.

An .rss response to the criticalview.sh or a merging of the logic together
would probably be a good idea for the future, though.

HTH,
-jc