[Xymon] Unusual dnsreg behaviour

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Wed Aug 31 02:13:06 CEST 2016

It looks like the EXPIRESTRING compilation is empty for those domains:

EXPIRESTRING="`whois $DOMAIN | egrep -i "Expires.*:|Expiration.*:|Renewal.*:|expir.*date:" | head -n 1 | cut -d: -f2- | sed -e's/^[     ]*//'`"

Try running it manually with the various parts, eg:

whois somedomain.co.uk | egrep -i "Expires.*:|Expiration.*:|Renewal.*:|expir.*date:"

and see that at each pipe point (the '|') it actually returns something. Compare outputs between those domains that work and those that don't. Probably the whois output is different for the domains that don't work and you'll probably need to adjust the above filter.

cheers, Phil