[Xymon] Migrating from BBWin to Xymon PS Client

zak.beck at accenture.com zak.beck at accenture.com
Mon Mar 30 09:51:21 CEST 2015

Hi

The fields in the event log message from the PS client are as follows:

Warning - 03/30/2015 14:11:25 - [1] - test - This is a test message.

In the example given, 'test' is the provider.

Ignore rules should match against provider or message. You cannot currently
ignore against event ids - I believe you could use them in alert.cfg though.

If you want to only receive warning or error 'level' messages, you can limit
using the eventlogswanted:

eventlogswanted:LIST_OF_EVENT_LOGS:MAX_SIZE:REQUIRED_LEVELS

REQUIRED_LEVELS is an optional list of the levels you want to report, e.g.:

eventlogswanted:*:250000:error,warning

Zak