[Xymon] dnsreg script question

John Tullis john at executech.com
Tue Mar 24 19:50:03 CET 2015

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread.

I added the sleep to the command because I'm running bbcmd on a few hundred domains. The script failed to run and I'm not sure why.

My other issue is that there are a few domains that I want to run individually instead of it running the script on all the domains. Is there a way to kick off a test for a single host?
I tried using "bbcmd hobbitd_alert --test domain.com dnsreg" but that only told me what alert rules applied to this but didn't update anything. Is there some command where I can tell a specific domain to do a fresh dnsreg?

John Tullis

Ok let me tweak it around. What does this line do anyhow? I keep seeing

that pop up and then the error about command being not found

thanks

"status+90000 $DOMAIN.dnsreg $COLOR `date`