[Xymon] rrd logs and graphs

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Mar 11 17:47:08 CET 2015

On 3/10/2015 7:18 PM, Vernon Everett wrote:
> Hi Jeremy
>
> I think you got that one nailed.
> I added
>    send ""
>    expect ""
> as you requested, and it cores again.
> This time on the next entry, which is telnets
> [telnets]
>     options ssl,banner,telnet
>     port 992
> Again, no send and expect.
> Updated telnets, and it crapped out at ldap.
> [ldap]
>     port 389
>
> [ldaps]
>     options ssl
>     port 636
>
> [rsync]
>     expect "@RSYNCD"
>     options banner
>     port 873
> About now, I am getting a little nervous adding send and expect, because
> unlike telnet and telnets, we are doing ldap and ldaps testing.
>
> Any suggestions?
> I think we have some debug code update recommendations for JC though. :-)
> A good win, but still doesn't solve my original problem. :-(

I identified and shared this exact situation in August and September of
last year:
http://lists.xymon.com/pipermail/xymon/2014-August/040130.html
  and
http://lists.xymon.com/pipermail/xymon/2014-September/040163.html

My C isn't good enough to offer a correction for the defect, but at
least someone had now duplicated the problem. My solution has been not
to enable the --debug option on rrd handler....and hope I don't have a
problem I need to debug.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services